Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jennifer Moody

Jennifer Moody is an amazing person who in my 50 minutes of meeting has taught me alot.

In class she and her personal life has taught me how to be a better writer, and to follow my goals. Her columns in the Albany Democrat-Herald is just some of the ways she one on one with her readers. She gets the information out to the public and never seems to choose sides of the right or the wrong.

Some of the things I learned from Jennifer Moody are that there is no right way to write a feature story. That everyone is different and that we are to let our imaginations soar.

When writing a story we need to be accurate and fair, and always try to avoid yourself. It depletes a story when we use the words "I", "my", and "me".

Jennifer Moody has a family just like herself. Her daughter is into editing and conventions also. She told us a story about when her daughter and her were looking for ideas and her daughter freaked out about the spelling and conventions of the note cards they were looking at.

One things that helped me are that great ideas don't always come from ourselves. That some great ideas come from everyday activities and what other people want.

You can get ideas from the calendar, buisness meetings, and even what you saw on your way to the grocery store. "Don't write about the bakery, Write about the piece of pie." says Moody when it comes to writing your story try to give as much detail as possible.

In what I have heard and seen she is a person we can all look up to for following our goals and dreams.

At a Glance
Who: Jennifer Moody
What: Writer at the Albany Democrat-Herald
When: Started in 95'
Why: She has the passion for writing

No comments:

Post a Comment