Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Three Things I Have Learned in Feature Writing

There are many different things in my feature writing class that I have learned so far. Number one I have learned that our associated press style guide handbook has become a new best friend when it comes to editing all of my work. Without it who knows how many bad grades and spelling errors that could have occurred that could soon be published out into the real world. These are not just my imaginary stories that only I can see, these are stories that can and maybe seen for all of the Internet world to see. Second on my list of things I have learned is that feature writing takes away from the ordinary writing and takes it to a whole new level. Its not the same song and dance of one on one story and reader. This is a new way of getting ideas onto a screen and really getting in tune with people and peers. Its not an essay that may only be seen a few times. These stories are being put into newspapers and blogs. Its not a usual writing class where its just between the instructor and the student. we find the story and get it out to the general public. Last on what I have learned from feature writing is that this course makes me really in tune with stories and people. I finally get to get out of the ordinary story making and get with facts and get involved with society. We meet our peers and become more social in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment